Today I dropped this little fella off at church camp. I remember when he was this little. His moms temper, snapping brown eyes, red hair. Yes he is a spitting image of me. Poor kid. ;) But he is a sweet heart. Caring and kind. Ornery too. 16? 16?! That just doesn't seem possible. I remember when I was carrying him under my heart. We would go to the dr and she would listen to his heart beat. She would also call him a she. His sister would say no it is a HE! LOL She prayed for a little brother and we know God listens to those little ones.
Today, this little girl finished a 12 hour shift at the hospital. Blue eyes like her daddy, strawberry blonde hair like her daddy, and a mild temper like her daddy. Here she is on her great grandma's lap. Her name sake. Naming her after my grandma brought so much joy to my grandma.
I remember carrying her under my heart. We never thought we would ever have a child (God blessed us with 2).
Funny how children are SO different. Of course I wouldn't want them the same. God knew just when we needed them. In his time, not ours.
When both my children were born, we dedicated them back to the Lord. For you see, they aren't mine, they are just borrowed. They are God's, not ours. I am so very blessed, please, Lord remind me...

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment