Football? No not the game with the funny shaped ball. The real Futbal! The one with the round ball that is kicked ONLY with the feet. Now that is Football! :)
How did I get into this soccer life? Well, when Lindsay was 9 she wanted to play this sport that I had never really heard of. So we signed her up. I went to practice and thought, WHAT a stupid game. But she enjoyed it. Why couldn't she like a sport I knew something about? Guess I was stuck! And stuck I have been for the past 11 years. Stuck in something I have grown to love and am passionate about! Something that consumes my dreams and my waking moments. :) Lindsay played till she aged out at 19. CJ started when he was 4, dropped out a couple of years ago but was back again this spring. Lindsay played in high school, CJ had no desire to follow that route.
The first year of soccer, I watched and I learned. That next spring, I was elected as Registrar. HUH! ME? Yes me! And I have been there ever since. I enjoy it to the fullest! I love the kids! Yes all of them! :) Even the ones that try everyones patience. ;) It keeps me busy and makes me smile. When will I hang it up? Ummm never! ;) I will go till I can't anymore.
This year I am coaching again. Yes I do that too. I have coached a team for the past 9 years. Sometimes I coached 2 teams. Yeah I am nuts! But it is a good nuts.
Eat, sleep, breathe, and live it! :) The REAL Football!
No comments:
Post a Comment