Thursday, March 28, 2013

This and that...

So many things have ran through my mind the last few days.  Yesterday I spent the day alone going back and forth to the dentist to get impressions made.  I actually enjoyed myself.  Shopping here and there and people watching.  ;)  Yes that is the best part.  I am amazed at people.  They are so unpredictable and you never know what they will do or say, act or wear.
One thing that really stands out in my mind is how rude people can be.  The receptionist at the dental office (it was in Parkersburg) was rude.  Very unfriendly and no personality.  I wonder how many people she drives away because of it.  But I was not gonna let her get me down.  I just went my own happy way.  :)  To make up for peoples rudeness I try to do good things for others.  I was coming out of the Dollar Tree (they have the best on there) and a lady was unloading the stuff out of her buggy.  I told her I would take it and put it up as it was on my way.  She thanked me and I am sure was shocked.  People don't do things for anyone anymore.  But it always makes my heart lighter to help someone out.  A couple weeks ago my daughter and I were at Kohl's.  I had a $10 coupon on my phone.  You could only use it if you spent $50 and we didn't have that much.  So I gave it to the lady in front of us.  She was shocked, the cashier stammered around trying to figure out what to do.  I wasn't gonna use it, it expired before I would get to use it, so why not give it to someone else and help them out.  No I am not perfect, I just think a little good goes a long way in this world.
And then there is the gay marriage posts all over my facebook.  Do I support gay marriage?  No, I don't.
Love gay/lesbian people?  You better believe it.  I have some awesome friends and precious family that are gay/lesbian.  I am not their judge, I am their friend and family. I'm not here to bash them or anyone else.  Just as everyone including myself, we will all answer to God.  None of us will get by without that.  How we live, what we do, the way we are.  We will answer to God for that.  I have worked hard at teaching my own two children that we love everyone. We are all God's children and he loves us.  Yes, he does!  We do not discriminate because of skin color, sexual preference, dress, hair styles, piercings, tattoos, and on and on.  I have my own work cut out keeping my own doorstep clean.  ;)  And besides, God will judge us as we judge others.  Wow!  I sure wouldn't want that on my record.
Today finishes up school for the Spring Break.  I am SO happy to have some days to sleep in.  :)  And I know CJ will love that too.  Tomorrow is Good Friday.  What is so good about it?  I know that my Lord died for me and rose again in 3 days.  That makes it good for me.  So glad to have the time off.  Maybe do some spring cleaning and just spending time at home with my young man.  :)
Yes life is full but it sure is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment