Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sunday is almost here...

As I think about what tomorrow means to me, so many things run through my mind.  One of the biggest things, is my own two children.  The love that I have for them, what I wouldn't do for them, and what I wouldn't give for them.  Until you have a child of your own, you can't know this love.  It is different.  It is SO different than any kind of love I have ever gave or felt.  And so this has me thinking bout Mary.  I can't imagine what she went through as she watched her son go through all he went through.  The beatings on his back so that we may be healed.  This was done with shards of glass.  Can you imagine that pain.  The crown of thorns pushed down on his head.  These were thorns that were 2+ inches long.  Not these little tiny things.  This crown wasn't just sit on top of his head, but pushed into his bone and flesh.  Imagine the blood running down his back and his face.  Imagine the sweat burning into these wounds.  And then having to carry your own cross up a hill knowing that you were going to be nailed to it.  Your clothes stripped off and being nailed to the cross.  The long spikes put into each hand and feet.  And the tearing of muscle and flesh as the cross is raised and then dropped into the ground.  Being thirsty and being given a sponge with vinegar on it to quench that thirst.  The piercing of his side.  The pain and agony that he went through, as his sweet momma looked on.  Knowing she couldn't do anything to help him or save him.  Knowing he had to do this to save mankind.  It had to be done.  But I think of her watching this and although I don't know her agony, I know what it is for my own children to be hurt or have an injury.  You wish it was you dealing with the pain.  You would take their place in a second!  I am sure the felt this way too.  Wishing she could take his pain away, to hold him and tell him everything was alright.  But it was not to be.  Why?  Because He knew I needed for this to happen. I needed for this to come about so that I could have eternal life.
Just today, I said a few things in anger that I shouldn't have said.  I apologized.  I asked God for forgiveness.  And I thought, I can do that, because he gave his life for me.  Tomorrow is Easter, new life, new beginnings, old things are passed away and all things are new again.  If you don't know my Lord as I do, you have time to make that change.  All you have to do is just ask Him.  Just ask...

No comments:

Post a Comment