We never know what another day will bring for us. Saturday morning I was woke up to my phone ringing. I am thinking soccer, but it was my dad. So I knew something wasn't right. When I answered he proceeded to tell me my sister was in the hospital and having trouble with blockage in her bowel. They were sure it was cancerous and was doing surgery later that morning. What should have taken an hour turned into three. The tumor was attached to her old scar tissue and her bladder. They also took some lymph nodes. We here the results from pathology tomorrow.
She was fine. No problems, until three days before when she started having pain. And it led to this. No we don't know what a new day will bring for us. What road we will travel.
Thinking about my sister, brings back a flood of memories. When she was younger, we picked on her horribly. She was as touch as a pine knot. :) She didn't hold back doing things because of fear, she just tried it. And of course we always encouraged her to do things first. ;) I remember teaching her to ride a bike. The only small one we had, didn't have a seat on it. But that is what she learned to ride one on. I can still see her going on it. Then there was the time we decided to put the saddle on the horse that was not saddle broke. She got on the saddle and the horse wasn't happy. She fell off and it stepped on her right above her heart on the shoulder area. She was the athlete in the family. She started playing basketball at Gilmore in 6th grade. She continued playing it right through high school. Along with softball and volleyball. IF she would have had time, she would have played other things. It was a year round busyness for her. We loved watching her play. It gives your heart a thrill to see a loved one doing a sport. And since I had nothing athletic about me, I was always in awe of her. From high school she did some college and then came back home and worked here locally. When my daughter was born, she lived with us. The bond between them was inseparable. When she came home from work, my daughter met her at the door with arms in the air. Then my son, yes she loved him just as much.
Then came the day we lost our mom. My sister was by her bedside when she passed away. I guess it is selfish of me, but I have always been thankful it wasn't me that was there when she took her last breath. But I do remember her calling me that night. It forever changed our lives. And now, my sister is starting this battle with this nasty disease herself. And like my mom, she is a fighter. She is strong and doesn't give up. It isn't in her blood to do that. With us behind her, encouraging her and being there for her every step of the way, I know she will beat this disease. I hate cancer! It takes so many from us way before their time, as it did our sweet momma.
I love you Michelle! We all do! We are here fighting with you and for you. Praying for God to take care of you and heal your body. You just have to trust in him. For we know not what tomorrow brings...
No comments:
Post a Comment