Today I awoke from a good nights sleep. Took my son to school and then the day was mine till it was time to pick him up. I cam back home and laid down for a bit, got up and got ready and went out with my bff to eat and to run errands. The whole day was mine. to do as I wanted. That is nothing new. It is always this way and has been for 20+ years. From the time my dear sweet husband and I got married we decided that once we had children, I was a stay at home mom. And I have been, still am. The job I always wanted with the best pay in the world. Hard? Yes at times it has been. Rewarding? Yes always! This afternoon I read a blog at http://www.aholyexperience.com/2013/04/how-to-make-a-home/ . And it really made me stop once again and thank God for all my blessings. For a hard working husband who has never ever been lazy. Who has always went to work and worked horrible hours. Long, hot, cold and tireless hours.
I met this amazing man 25 years ago is May. In September, we started dating. Engaged on my birthday in November. Married in December. All in the same year. Everyone had doubts that we would ever make it.
We have climbed mountains. We have crawled through the valleys. We have struggled. But through all of this we did it together, with God. We were blessed with children 5 and 9 years after our marriage. I stayed home to raise these babies. I was there with them day and night. Morning and evening, sickness and health. Fussy and laughing. Through it all. The greatest joy of my life has been being a momma and wife. My life long dream, that really my Cary has made happen for me. I can't ask for more.
When we met, he was young and spry! The years have taken a tole on his body. His knees and back aren't what they used to be. Driving those big mixer trucks are rough on a person. Does he complain? No! I've tried to get him to take days off. Does he? No! They depend on him, his customers depend on him. And he has a family to take care of. Those are his replies.
So each day as I rise, I thank God for giving me the precious life I have. For my sweet children that I never thought I would have. And especially for this man who walked into my life at its lowest point and swept me off my feet. For him loving me through all the ups and downs. The good, the bad. And when I lay down at night and he is laying asleep I look over at his peaceful face and know God was watching out for me all those years ago, when he sent him into my life. I am one blessed woman...
No comments:
Post a Comment