Not many know I have been working hard at getting my diabetes under control. My Dr (God love her heart) told me I needed to go on insulin. I have fought that for at least 3 years. I just keep telling her let me try again. She did. I didn't. Then this past December my daughter sent me a text begging me to take care of myself. She as well as my son, had lost their grandma, my mom and it has been really rough on them. IT was then that I knew I had to do something. My weight was out of control. My blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes all way out of control. I was a time bomb waiting to explode! Last summer I dealt with chest pain and ended up in the hospital having a heart cath done to check my heart. PTL everything was ok. I felt that was a good sign. So January 1st, was my starting point. I could have 150 carbs a day. So that was my biggest concern, not calories or fat, but carbs. I knew I needed to exercise too. Here it is in the middle of winter and I need to walk. Walmart is a wonderful place to walk when you need to stay out of the weather. For once, I was thrilled the place was so long. ;) I slowly figured out what foods I could and couldn't have. What was the best and the worst. I tried going off the diet soda but that lasted a month. Yes I felt better without it, but it was one of the things I really liked and so I backslid on it. I visited my Dr. 2 months ago and she seen I had lost weight and I showed her my readings from my finger sticks. She was very pleased and said she still wanted me to try the insulin because I was really way off on that. So she put in the order for it.
I never did get it, it never has came in. God knew I wouldn't need it. ;) So today I went back for a check up. I was down more weight, 22 lbs to be exact and my bp was 124/70. She was even more pleased. I was thrilled. But what thrilled me most was that she said we were going to hold off on the insulin for now. :)))))))))) YES!!! So I am very happy with myself. I know how hard it is. I know what a daily struggle it is to make sure you eat the right things and not to much of this or that. I haven't went without anything I like. Ice cream? Yes I have had that a couple of times. Pizza, yes that too. Beans and cornbread, yes. All this carb filled things, yes. I have it but I also log it into Myfitnesspal (www.myfitnesspal.com) before I eat. When I go out to eat (Cozumels) I don't get the chips and salsa. I order veggies and chicken breast. It is that way everywhere I go. BUT I log it! I look things up on this and see what it is, is it worth that splurge? Is it worth the carbs I will be getting out of it? If not, then I don't have it. Or I have 1/2 of a serving.
It is all about taking time, being aware and never giving up. IF I stumble, I get up and keep going. I pray that I will be able to continue this road I am on. I know without God guiding me, I wouldn't be able to do it. He knows I want to see my kids grown and enjoy my grand babies (one of these days!) God is good, he is faithful and he never ever leaves us. At my hardest and darkest times, he carries me. I feel him around me all the time. IF I don't, then who has moved. It sure hasn't been him. What would I ever do without Him there for me at all times. Always! I am blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment